1. Get your annual full-body check by a Dermatologist. Things can change on our bodies that may go unnoticed. It is always better to be cautious and safe.
2. Check the expiration dates on all of your products and throw out any that have expired. Depending on the active ingredients, they can lose their efficacy or become toxic. This includes makeup products as well. Not all makeup items will have a date, so “rule of thumb” is to toss out any items that are more than one year old. They are susceptible to growing bacteria which can be harmful and problematic to your skin’s barrier, leaving it vulnerable.
3. Wearing sunscreen every day is a must! I consistently hear clients say “I apply it during the summer” or “when I’m going out in the sun”. UVA, UVB, and Infrared rays are all around us and are dangerous even on cloudy days. I always tell my clients “If it’s not night-time, then it’s the right-time for SPF”! Remember to reapply, one SPF application only protects you for about 2 hours.
4. Make sure you are cleansing your face every night! I call it “Taking the day off”. Pollution is now being recognized for it’s role in causing skin damage. Think about this- in the morning, you put on your anti-aging serum, eye cream, moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation which is fantastic! As we go about our day, we come in contact with that “dirty chemical soup” know as air pollution. This “dirty chemical soup” adheres to all those products you used in the morning and by the end of the day your products have lost their “magical protection powers”. So cleanse your face every night to prevent the “soup” from attacking your skin while you sleep.
5. Treat yourself to a Signature Facial to “dust off winter” and improve your skin health as you prepare for the Spring Season.